Pages custom

Sunday Special: Fresh from the Farmer's Market



Walking over to the Brentwood Farmer's Market is a great way to start a Sunday and get ready for the week ahead.  I don't know about you, but I feel great when I eat fresh and natural foods. Matt and I did a cleanse (of sorts) a couple weeks ago and are thinking about doing another one, but until then our fresh finds from the farmer's market will do:


  • We got a Red Cure from The Raw Juicery to share while we walked around
  • 3 Ruby Red Grapefruits (one of which I am eating right now)
  • Oyster Mushrooms
  • Mixed Berries (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries).  I love berries for snacking and for topping my greek yogurt (plus a bit of honey, of course)
  • A bunch of Thai Basil.  We'll use this for adding flavor to meals throughout the week and maybe even make some fresh pesto.
  • Avocado... duh.
  • Alfalfa sprouts to top avocado toast and put on sandwiches
  • Last, but not least, a bunch of White Snap Dragons.  These are one of my favorite flowers and they will last a full week in vase.


And now off to do my taxes.  Yes, I have waited until almost the last possible day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...